Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Reflection: English Class

One of my favorite classes, ironically for me, the past two years has been English. I used to have a very large despise for English, until I got to the academy. The first year english brought us all close. We all worked together to become the leaders we have become. It makes sense that we all love each other so much. We've had class together for 2 years. I've attached a Power Point from this year's english class, called "Ibsen's Life". It is a very good example of our teamwork and leadership together. Last year Ms. Collins taught us about love, caring about others, and being a trustworthy person. This year, Mrs. Swanigan has taught us about the value of hard work, responsibility and passion in what you do, all at the same time teaching us about english. Those are some wonderful teachers, if you ask me. The twenty first century skill I have gained from English class is " Individual leaders have a strong sense of vision, have passion, and are able to inspire commitment. " If there is one thing I got out of english, that is it. We have learned much about having a strong sense of vision for your future. If I could go back, I definitely would not take English at the home high school, because I can guarantee you that there they don't teach you about real world skills that I have been taught here.

No comments:

Post a Comment