Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Reflection: Rotations

My rotations experience has had its ups and its downs. I do believe, though, that I have become smarter, more aware, and more experienced through these rotations. Certain rotations taught me certain things, like Med Surge taught me to be patient with people as they are crippled in any one area, and cannot function the same way as me. It also gave me CNA experience which I'm grateful for, because it showed me that being a CNA or nurse is not something I want to do later in life. I gained many positive attributes from Rotations and as always have remained a hard working individual. "Information processors access and analyze information from a variety of sources for different purposes" is a 21st Century Skill that has been learned from these rotations. A time before, I started with a patient in ER, went with them to Diagnostics, into surgery, and up to med surge. All of these places gave me information that was a big jumbled mess to me at first, but soon as I visited the next place the previous information I recieved made perfect sense. The ability to analyze this information is going to be a good skill to have, because Doctors are one of the prime users of this skill. They will look at everything that the patient has on record, to decide what kind of treatment to use. Overall, I will walk away from this knowing much more than before. Rotations were a great experience here at the academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment