This is my senior project blog, used to show an artifact for each of the 21st Century Skills for Success compiled by workplace officials.
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Reflection: Guest Speakers
This year, wednesdays at the academy have been a little different. There have been many things we have done at the beginning, such as promoting, volunteering, and just helping out. Also, working on this project! ;) But one thing that has really stuck out to me has been when there has been a guest speaker. Every time a speaker comes, there is usually something very interesting to listen to. The last speaker we had was an ALS patient, or Lou Gehrig's disease patient. This disease is deadly, and has traumatized families for many years. There is a walk coming up, a fundraising and benefit walk. These guest speakers from the company have influenced me to want to help out, even though I dont know anyone with ALS. These speakers have such a powerful message to convey, and I am very thankful that god put every single one of them on this earth. The 21st century skill that has been learned through our guest speakers is "Active, responsible citizens are well informed and apply knowledge and skills to improve the quality of their lives and community." I want to be a speaker for one of these organizations some day, just as a side job or something, because I think what they do is so powerful, and I want to be able to apply the knowledge Ive learned from experiences to things I will do in the future, and therefore improving the community.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment